Title: Senior Consultant – Contracting
Location: Springfield, VA
Clearance required: Top Secret/SCI
Senior Consultants – Contracting are primarily responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects for the entire acquisition life cycle and for exceeding client expectations in the quality of all client deliverables. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and review acquisition strategies, documentation, statements of objectives, source selection plans, and business cases that support acquisition decisions.
- Provide acquisition management support for services and supplies, including major system acquisitions, and executing the full life-cycle acquisition requirement.
- Provide practical and expert advice, recommendations and mentoring to government contracting officials in contracting, acquisition strategies, acquisition planning for the conduct of highly complex procurements, including on regulatory, policy and related acquisition concepts.
- Reviewing statements of need and determining appropriate methods of procurement. Developing acquisition plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and acquisition of services requirements documentation. Helping the government client to prepare and issue solicitation documents. Support government efforts to conduct conferences with contractors to clarify issues on contractual requirements. Assist government teams in performing detailed analysis of bids or proposals received;
- Provide advisory assistance and support to government officials performing source selection for a multi-billion dollar ID/IQ. Review technical and/or cost proposals, document findings, support recommendations by the government to make source selection decisions.
- Provide advice, recommendations and mentoring to government contracting officials in the administration of a variety of contracts with various and complex terms. Provide advice, recommendations and mentoring to government officials responsible for monitoring contractor performance.
- Utilizing the Internet and various knowledge sources to stay current on all facets of acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters Degree strongly preferred, in a related field.
- Retired Military or DOD civilian strongly preferred.
- DAWIA III / FAC-C or CPC certified in Contracting.
- Active TS/SCI clearance (current TS/SCI eligibility or access).
- 12+ years of experience in Federal and DOD contracting Experience in the 1102 job series as a Contract Specialist and/or Contracting Officer.
- Previous supervisory, leadership, or mentoring experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and develop teammates toward achieving desired goals and outcomes.
- Relevant experience, to include well-developed acquisition planning, strategy development, negotiations, contract administration, pricing analysis, and related functional assignments in the execution of the acquisition related requirements.
- Superior knowledge of performance-based service contracting concepts, strategies, and governing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and mastery of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to read regulatory, policy and related acquisition guidance, interpret that guidance to a stated situation, and apply the concepts presented in the guidance.
- Ability to think independently and provide others with convincing and persuasive evidence that supports a stated acquisition strategy or position.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in teams, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.